Megan chats with Claire Lessinger about her first career in NCAA Volleyball and transitioning as Director of Special Events to building a sports community to bring major championships to her home town of Tampa
Podcast length: 43′ 27″
WeCOACH executive director and host, Megan Kahn, sits down with Claire Lessinger, director of special events for the Tampa Bay Sports Commission. Their dynamic conversation spans Claire’s playing career at the University of Florida (appearances in 3 NCAA Women’s Volleyball Final Fours and 5 SEC titles), what it was like to play for legendary Coach Mary Wise, taking over and rebuilding a program in her hometown, and now her important work in the Tampa Bay community. Tune in to hear how Claire is part of the team bringing major championship events to the city, why and how she’s engaging the women of Tampa Bay through sports and leadership, and what to expect for the upcoming NCAA Women’s Basketball Final Four and accompanying activities. No matter what sport you coach, or if you’re a fan, you’re sure to love Claire’s passion and enthusiasm for building community and leading from the heart.
- Playing for Mary
- Taking over and building a program in your hometown
- Coaching and motherhood
- Transition out of coaching into a leadership role in sports (transferable skills)
- Role as ED of TBLOC
- Beyond the Baseline & 10 yr anniversary
- WFF and what to expect
- Other major events, including 2021 Super Bowl??
- Launch of TB WISE
- Role model/mentoring local youth
- In next 10 yrs, where do you see women’s roles going in sports (locally and nationally)
- We’ll end with some fun “rapid fire” questions
LISTEN to more episodes of The WeCOACH Podcast HERE